Monday, March 07, 2005

Top 10 Movies of the Weekend

Somebody please help me understand what the f is going on. “The Pacifier”, starring Vin Diesel grossed over $30 million this past weekend, which is a pretty impressive opening for a movie starring a homosexual male playing an FBI agent on a babysitting assignment.

The number two movie of the weekend was “Be Cool”, earning $23.5 million, staring John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Vince Vaughn, Duane “The Rock” Johnson, and Danny DeVito. I did hear, however, that the only redeeming quality of this movie came from The Rock’s performance, but I can’t fathom a world where this movie deserves to be second in any way to “The Pacifier”.

That shitty Will Smith movie, “Hitch”, is still hanging in there with $12.5 million for the weekend, taking the number 3 spot. Here’s the rest of the top 10 list, according to CNN.com

4. “Dairy of a Mad Black Woman” – $12 million
5. “Million Dollar Baby” – $8.5 million
6. “Constantine” - $6.0 million
7. “Cursed” – $3.9 million
8. “Man of the House” - $3.5 million
9. “Because of Winn-Dixie” – $3.5 million
10. “The Jacket” - $2.7 million

I will note that it is a shame and disgrace that “Million Dollar Baby”, the supposed Best Film of the Year, is earning less than one third of some shitty Vin Diesel flick. If I were Clint, I would pull that movie from the theaters out of embarrassment.

Also, has anyone seen “Constantine”? I don’t really want to go see it, but will probably rent it when it’s on DVD. I just want someone that has seen it to confirm that is in fact not a good movie.

7 comments:

Fitz said...

Constantine was allright. It's probably on par with any of Keanu's other non-Matrix repertoire.

The movie going public is so gay.

Unknown said...

Constantine is not a good movie.

Fitz said...

Look at the top 10. People love to see shit. Even "Be Cool" looked dumb.

I didn't say Constantine was good. I thought it was comparable to any of the other Keanu action movies.

Shmorg said...

I saw Be Cool this weekend and it was a bad movie. There where tons of funny moments but not enough to keep the movie together and watchable. I will admit that The Rock and Vince Vaughn were hilarious in the movie. I would suggested seeing it because of the two of them. The Rock is a gay body guard and Vince is a music rep who thinks he is black. Very funny stuff.

Shmorg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fitz said...

what do you think Shaq would think about Constantine?

Bill said...

What would Keanu think about Steel, or Kazaam?