Saturday, March 26, 2005

Why I Love the OC: Part 1 - The Bars



The bars here are terrific. One of the bars, called The Goat, is comparable to St. Louis’ Growlers. This place had about 130 beers on tap, and isn’t your typical LA bar. It’s not impossible to find, there are plenty of spaces in the parking lot (a rarity), and it’s not crowded in a shoulder-to-shoulder sense. Name aside, it's a great bar.

I couldn’t mention the greatest bars in LA without mentioning The 9-0. This place is the most popular bar on campus, and is only a couple hundred yards away from my front door. It’s only open Monday – Thursday, but that’s where all the sorostitutes go during the week, and if you stay there until closing time, you’re pretty much getting laid. With “2-4-1” deals before 10:00PM, you can’t afford NOT to go at least once a week.

This last bar sounds like teh ghey , but it’s really not. Bar Copa is located on Main in Santa Monica, and is one of those secret bars that doesn’t need to advertise that it exists. The only hint that there is a bar there is the bouncer sitting on a bar stool outside the front door. The entire front of the bar is black with no writing, so it looks like a closed up storefront. When you get inside, it’s very dark with nothing but a few candles lighting the closet-sized bar. It has the feel of a 70’s coke-bar, only without the disco music. I went there for St. Patrick’s Day, so there were lots of great drink specials and tramps. I normally don’t like bars that get huge crowds, but this one was still awesome.

Just for Sean, I’ll try to get some sorostitutes to pose for the site. Check back soon for more on why I love the OC!

9 comments:

Bill said...

Yea Foz, I'm living in the house. It sucks. Turns out that once you turn alumni and get a job, you want to live in a real house, not a shithole.

Shmorg said...

I appreciate the affort!

David said...

I can say that Growlers is my favorite pub besides John D. McGurks. I love being able to smoke cigars there also. They are way cool about that, while a lot of places aren't.

Bill said...

Very few bars in CA allow you to smoke anything in their facility. This is because of a statewide law that prohobits smoking in public places. However, some bars allow smoking in restricted areas that are about as big as a prision cell. They also allow smoking outside if they have a patio area. And I've got to say, it's nice coming back from a rough night at the bars and not smelling like smoke.

Fitz said...

yeah, i wish all bars were no smoking.

man, fuck cigars.

David said...

fuck cigars? fuck people who don't like cigars.

Fitz said...

fuck people who don't like cigars?

are you some kind of cigar-smoking, man-fucking, racist?

man fuck that. and fuck cigars.

Bill said...

Cigars are ok, but I only like to smoke them occasionally. I really dont care if other people smoke, but I draw the line when I start smelling like they do.

Fitz said...

new post!

fuck cigars!