Thursday, October 14, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11: Review OR Michael Moore is Mentally Handicapped

First off, this movie was released in the theaters three months ago. I don’t know what has happened to the movie industry, but if I am going to take any movie seriously I should have to wait at least six months from theater debut to DVD release.

This movie is about 50% whining and sob stories about soldiers that died in the Iraq war. It’s not that I am insensitive to all those that gave their life for the US, I just don’t want to hear about it in a movie that already too long and has little focus.

The other half of the movie is stock footage of George W. and real facts with a very one sided presentation. There are lots of interviews with random old people that are inches away from death and really don’t know what they are talking about, as well as interviews with random locals in small redneck communities.

When I think about why someone would want to make a “movie” like this, the only reason I can come up with is this: Moore wanted to make a name for himself. Sure, he had made other successful documentaries, but he knew a subject of this matter would really grab everyone by the balls and make them take notice.

This movie gave me a headache. Michael Moore is a fat dooshbag. Moore actually pulled his movie from the Academy Awards category of “Documentary Feature” and applied instead for “Best Movie”. If Fahrenheit 911 collects even 1% of the total votes for this category, I will kill myself slowly and painfully.

The only thing remotely cool about Moore is that he actually ENCOURAGED people to download this movie, just because he wanted his “message” to be heard by everybody. Therefore, I would encourage anyone that wants to see this movie to download it first, and if you like it then watch it over and over without paying for it.

3 comments:

Fitz said...

yeah, i'm a big fan of dooshbag too.

i didn't absolutely hate fahrenheit 9/11, but I hear people calling it the best documentary of all time. wtf?

Fitz said...

http://www.trioplus.tv/plus/princess/content.html

Fitz said...

hey bill

whats up