Monday, October 25, 2004

Tip for Sprint Customers

Most everybody has a cell phone, and if you're doing business with Sprint PCS here's a tip that could save you up to $10 a month.

Dial *2 to connect to Customer Solutions. Press 1 for English. You'll get "Claire" the virtual service rep. Say the words "Dropped Call Credit". This will give you a credit of one minute at the highest local airtime rate (50 cents). You can do this up to twenty times a month, for a total of a $10 credit off your bill.

I would say that you shouldn't abuse this, but Sprint pretty much makes that impossible. I can honestly say that I get at least 20 dropped calls a month, and if Sprint offers this credit I'm going to take advantage of it, and make sure others know about it. If you know someone that has Sprint, tell them about the dropped call credit.

I am very satisfied with Sprint; I have been with them for five plus years. I only wish they would be more cutting edge. If there was a PDA/Cell phone/Camera all in one that Sprint got behind, I would definately buy it.

1 comment:

Bill said...

It may have even been my seventh sense.