Sunday, January 30, 2005

More on the Real Life OC


I hear so much goddamn Simple Plan, Jet, Modern Day Zero, Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, Franz Ferdinand, and fake punk crap it makes me want to tear my own ears off. The musical taste of LA (at least at USC) is as diverse as the latest "Now That's What I Call Music" album. I would much rather listen to nothing but Macho Man's flopped rap album every day for the rest of my life than hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams one more time. Modern-day punk had it's hayday, and that day was 1994. Would it kill them to listen to some fuckin Foghat?

Surprisingly, rap music isn't as popular as you would think, except for the Mexicans "rawking out" in their low-riders.

One thing the west coast has taught me, aside from "music is good because it's popular", is why reality TV is still thriving. Everyone watches every reality show, no matter what it is. If there was a reality show about Canadian dirt farmers being made to live in the "big city" as Wall Street investment bankers, while the bankers took over the family dirt farm and their wives switched places with devil-worshipping whore priestesses from Argentina, these clowns would watch with peeled eyes, and Nielsen would roll over in his grave.



One of the only positives about being out here is the weather. I am told by the poor bitches stuck in the midwest that up until recently, wind chill was in the negatives, and highs were in the twenties. The other night here, it got down to 56 degrees, and I had to put on a long sleeve tshirt. Also, yesterday there were a few clouds in the sky and the sun was blocked for a couple minutes.

The other positive about being at USC is obvious, the slutty scenery. It's January, and I'm seeing bikinis and short skirts like I have never seen in the midwest's best summer. Think of the hottest girl you actually know, not some broad you see on TV. Now, picture a few thousand other girls that look at least as good as she does, and dressed in tighter / shorter / more low-cut clothing, and they're all drunk and horny (no, it's not a pROn site, it's a city). But don't try holding a conversation with any of them, because they are all dumb, whiney, arrogant skanks--which is exactly why I wouldn't feel bad about boning any of them, and then throwing their clothes out of the window.

That's all for now, I'll try to post some kind of restaurant-that's-unique-to-the-LA-area review, so you poor bastards know what you're missing. Word.

3 comments:

Fitz said...

your last 2 posts have been funny.

Bill said...

Thanks. My site is the greatest.

Fitz said...

better than CNN.com, thats for sure